How do you survive senior high school when you're not an active student? How do you determine if you are an active student or not? Let me give you an example; I was the HUMSS representative back in grade 11, and now the student council president. From Mondays to Fridays, I wake up at 5:00 am to go to a public school to immerse for our Community Engagement subject. I got to school afterwards. School finishes at 5:00 pm, and depending on my travel time I arrive at home from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm. On weekends, I wake up at 3:00 am to go to DZXL RMN in Makati for our work immersion and come home from 9:00 pm to 11:00 pm. I still have additional homeworks, activities, and tasks to finish. Based on experience, I can guarantee you, it will be difficult. There are time that I just want to give up, sleep, and don't come to school the next morning. But then, you'll just prove that you are weak, you don't have what it takes to reach your dreams. This is a guide for those, like me, fighting to succeed.
There are five key ingredients in surviving senior high when you are a active student. Just like in cooking, first, you need something like oil for a smooth process, and I call it acceptance. Don't complain that you have too much to do; just accept it and start doing. Complaining won't get you anywhere and all your work won't adjust for you. Second, you will need the flavoring ingredients like onions and garlic. In life, flavor comes when you have good companions. I have friends when I do my work immersion which makes it fun; I have good companions at Ampid National High School as well. You just need to add flavor to make your job easier. Third are the main ingredients; your willingness to do anything and everything, and experiencing life to the fullest. I'm a responsible student but I break the rules and do some not-so-good things as well. Don't be afraid to do what you want. Fourth, to spice up the journey, I do things people don't expect me to do. I drink with friends when there are occasions; I am able to go to far away places without my parents knowing. Its like learning good things in a bad way. Finally, garnish. Shaping and imagining what you'll become is like garnishing. Trying to picture yourself content and happy; but its not going to be easy at all. I didn't include, "serve and enjoy" because it will only come once you've reached your dream ad have settled down in life.
Comments
Post a Comment