What comes into your mind when you hear the word family?
You might say your parents, mom, dad, sister, brother, relatives. But what
about those people who are orphaned or abandoned by their own family? Let me
tell you this, family is not about blood-relatives or who bore you. Family is
about having people who loves you unconditionally.
Not
everyone will find family in their own home. For some, family is where the
heart feels happy, free, and loved. Your family should not make you feel less
of a human. They should always be the one encouraging you to do your best. They
are the ones who would be pulling you up when your life is going downhill. You
might find these characteristics of a family from other people like your
closest friends or significant other.
I
found my family with the people whom I spent 5 years of my life with. They are
my classmates before in my last year in grade school and all-throughout my
junior high school, my closest friends (Crème Brucelee, our group name), and my
boyfriend.
I
found refuge in them. I spent most of my days laughing and sharing memories
with them. I was able to be myself around them. Though we had arguments and
fights, at the end of the day, we made up. They loved me for who I am. They
accepted whatever I believe in and respected me as a person. Those are
something I never found in my own family.
That
only proved that family is a word to describe people who will be there for you
no matter what you have in life, or what you don’t have. They will push you to
be the best and remind you to always stay humble. If you think you haven’t
found your family, look around you. See for yourself who are those people who
have been with you through thick and thin.
Comments
Post a Comment