Skip to main content

Novice to Intermediate


            If you love reading indie or amateur writings, you may know the platform Wattpad. I am an amateur writer posting my works on Wattpad. My username may be familiar; it’s “MarieHuwanna”. It’s my name but backwards and made to be unique for the system to accept it. Joanna Marie became Marie Joanna and Marie Joanna became Marie Juana, but the system said it was already taken so I decided that it will become MarieHuwanna. I write teen fiction, romance, and some R-rated stuff as well.

            Others think that I might be some “writer wannabe”. Some even told me that “Anyone can write and do what you do” or “You won’t get anything by writing”. The truth is that they are all wrong. It’s easy to write, but even my most “sabaw” works took months to complete and my best works took a year or two. It takes time, effort, and enough intelligence to make my works stand out from the rest. By writing, I don’t want fame or money. Writing is my avenue to release stress and imagine a world much better than what we have now. Romance is my forte but I include problems we see today. To cite some examples; my award-winning novel entitled “The Doctor is in” is an irony of some doctors and medical institutions of today. I wanted to show that no matter how good you are in your field, there are still patients who will die in your hands, and as a doctor, you must take responsibility for it. My on-going story “Sweet Creature” tackles homosexuality and how others discriminate homosexual people for their sexuality. I wanted to advocate feminism and equality without killing romanticism and chivalry. I wanted to write something that is entertaining for teens, but revolutionary as well.

            I started as a novice, knowing nothing about the purpose of writing. I just wanted to write for fun, for distressing. Now, I write with a purpose. I write to be different. I write because I want to open the eyes of many. I am now a writer, not a novice but in an intermediate level.

            Check out more of my works! Click here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What A Family Should Be (Reflective Essay)

            What comes into your mind when you hear the word family? You might say your parents, mom, dad, sister, brother, relatives. But what about those people who are orphaned or abandoned by their own family? Let me tell you this, family is not about blood-relatives or who bore you. Family is about having people who loves you unconditionally.           Not everyone will find family in their own home. For some, family is where the heart feels happy, free, and loved. Your family should not make you feel less of a human. They should always be the one encouraging you to do your best. They are the ones who would be pulling you up when your life is going downhill. You might find these characteristics of a family from other people like your closest friends or significant other.           I found my family with the people whom I spent 5 years of my life with. The...

Five-Ingredient Fix for Being an Active Student in Senior High School

How do you survive senior high school when you're not an active student? How do you determine if you are an active student or not? Let me give you an example; I was the HUMSS representative back in grade 11, and now the student council president. From Mondays to Fridays, I wake up at 5:00 am to go to a public school to immerse for our Community Engagement subject. I got to school afterwards. School finishes at 5:00 pm, and depending on my travel time I arrive at home from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm. On weekends, I wake up at 3:00 am to go to DZXL RMN in Makati for our work immersion and come home from 9:00 pm to 11:00 pm. I still have additional homeworks, activities, and tasks to finish. Based on experience, I can guarantee you, it will be difficult. There are time that I just want to give up, sleep, and don't come to school the next morning. But then, you'll just prove that you are weak, you don't have what it takes to reach your dreams. This is a guide for those, like me, fi...

Selfless, Kind and Loving

I can say I know a great person who has the biggest heart; who I look up to as to being selfless. My uncle, he is born in a family with 9 other siblings. Their father died at the age of 45 years old leaving their mom the responsibility to provide for the whole family. Being one of the eldest, he did everything for his younger siblings to get the education they need. He never finished elementary, only up to grade two. He worked day and night at a young age just to send his siblings to school. He never learned how to read or write, but he used his talent to provide for them.             He became one the most sought after makeup artist of his time. His regular customers were Kristy Fermin, who is a good friend of his now, Kris Aquino who acknowledged him every time they would shoot “The Buzz”, Marian Rivera, for special occasions, and many more celebrities.             He is ...